Price from: 35 € /PP
Min. size of a group: 5 people
Please note: A person must be at least 18 years old to participate in the tour!
We will pick you up from your hotel and in 20 minutes you`ll be at the Latvijas Balzams distillery. The tour takes up to 2 hours, and it will be done in the following steps:
1. The spirit warehouse - the path of alcohol to the distillery, its production and storage, the story of a historic `Latvijas Balzams` building. Inspection of the alcohol warehouse (outside).
2. Vodka manufactory - the process of preparation and processing of vodka, an inspection of containers for beverages, columns and filters;
3. Hall "ELIT" - the world of "elit" vodka with unique production technology, brand history and world achievements in the alcoholic beverages market;
4. Filling room - the process of bottling drinks, a story of bottles, labels and their meaning. On days when the bottling house will have breaks in work or it does not work, it will be possible to watch the process in video format.
5. Liqueur manufactory - a legend of "Riga Black Balsam" and its history, tasting of various drinks. You can choose 2 out of 3 tasting sets.
"Riga Black Balsam" (45%) and tasting of its extracts are included in the price, as well 2 additional from below (please let us know which ones you prefer).
1. Tasting different types of ``Riga Black Balsam`` (recommended by Red Fox Tours):
2. Historical drinks tasting:
3. Vodka "elit®" (40%) tasting 25 ml
After the tour, you can buy souvenirs, as well as you will get a 10% discount coupon on drinks at the factory store.
Distillery `Latvijas balzams` is a leading alcoholic beverage producer in the Baltic States, a company with a rich history since 1900. The company owns two factories for the production of alcoholic beverages in Riga - a plant for the production of sparkling and light alcoholic beverages and a plant for the production of alcoholic beverages. Latvijas balzams has over 600 jobs.
Latvijas balzams with more than 100 product brands is represented in almost all segments of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. In some of them, Latvijas balzams is a clear market leader. The products include world-renowned brands such as Stolichnaya®, Moskovskaya®, Riga Black Balsam® and Riga Champagne® sparkling wine. Riga Black Balm® is one of the oldest alcoholic beverage brands in Europe, with origins dating back to 1752.