Welcome to Latvia's Switzerland! Do you wonder why Sigulda for more than a hundred years has been the most popular tourist destination for Latvians? Well, come with us and explore it for yourself! Believe us; a town with a more than 800-year-old history has many things to offer. Sigulda, located 50 km from Riga, is one of the most picturesque regions of Latvia. Latvia`s most romantic river, the Gauja, flows near the city and is the biggest valley in Latvia. Turaida museum offers an exhibition about the history of the Baltic States, starting from the 12th century up to the present day. This is a journey you will not forget!
- Turaida museum reserve (wooden 18th century church, medieval castle, Folk song Park, Song Garden).
- Gutmana Cave, the most visited cave in the Baltic States, where you will hear the legend of the Rose of Turaida.
- Sigulda Castle, which was built in 1207 by crusaders as a “Castellum”-type fortress with a chapel.
- Sigulda New Castle, which was built for Grand Duke Kropotkin in the 19th century and is now the seat of the regional government.
- Sigulda Bobsleigh and Luge track.